Dija Ayodele's Top 5 Skincare Tips...
We asked our favourite beauty expert Dija Ayodele for her latest skin care tips:-
- Simplicity - use lightweight non comedogenic layers of products to avoid clogging your pores. A straightforward routine of cleanse, serum, moisturise and SPF during the day is sufficient. If you find your skin particularly oily in the summer months, throw in a deep cleanse mask weekly. Opt for a clay based mask as this will draw oil from deep within the pores.
- With pollution on the increase, Incorporate an antioxidant at your serum stage immediately after cleansing - Vitamin C is great, it will strength collagen production to keep your skin plump and bouncy as well as offer defence against environmental free radical damage.
- Take a light handed approach to exfoliation, overdoing it leads to inflammation. And definitely stay away from grainy exfoliators that can cause micro tears on the skin. Instead choose natural exfoliators such as glycolic or lactic acid. Enzyme exfoliators like papain or bromelain also do a good job keeping skin smooth and radiant.
- Use your Vitamin A (retinol, retinaldehyde) nightly. This is the gold standard ingredient to shore up the skin, stimulating collagen, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles whilst also fading hyper pigmentation.
- Apply sunscreen all day, every day! This goes for everyone, regardless of skin colour. SPF should be the last step in your routine, before make up. For most, SPF 30 is adequate to provide defence against UVA rays which age the skin and UVB which burn leading to cell deformities.
Read more about Dija Ayodele here or check out @dijaayodele_aesthetics